Saturday, June 2, 2007

Humility...it just stinks!

Humility...it just stinks. It is one of those words that you think about and want never to happen to you. It doesn't feel good. It makes you lack confidence in yourself. It makes you fall on your face and rely on something else for strength. It stinks.

At the same time it is soo good. It totally meets it's purpose. It ISN'T supposed to feel good. We AREN'T supposed to have confidence in ourselves. We ARE supposed to daily fall on our faces and rely on the Sun to give us strength. It stinks, but it stinks in such a sweet way.

I find that I am humbled a great deal here. I don't like it. I fight it and fight it some more, but at the end of the day walk away knowing that the battle is won because I am slowing becoming a mere image of who I once was. Maybe it's fear of the unknown. Maybe it's pride of wanting to be right. Whatever it is, it doesn't matter. It's not all about me. It's about following the sun, and until I understand that and cling onto it for dear life....humility will continue to come.

So, I walk away grateful. Grateful that we have a Sun big enough to humble me when I need it. Grateful that even though I'm humbled, it is in such a way that i walk away feeling more loved and more cared for than ever before. Grateful that humility stinks, but that it is a stink that will forever change me ; )

1 comment:

Copeland's Coffee Break said...

Sarah, just want you to know that you're missed and lifted up! I totally agree with you on the humility deal, and am glad that one day that stink will turn into the beautiful fragrance of the Son! love you friend!