Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Madness!

Man..I'm soo ready. March madness in my family has always been a big thing..I guess when you have four older brothers and a Dad who loves bball, you either join the fun, or keep your mouth closed! I'm all for fun...so I join!

Unfortunately, when you don't live in the land of plenty, all the fun and excitement tend to get forgotten when other things, like just surviving, become the new "madness"! I remember this time last year...our "March Madness" consisted of this...



...waiting for our precious new latrines to be built on out compound in the village!

We sat around and waited for those things for what seemed like eternity! They finally were finished though...and "March Madness" was glorious. You no longer had to use the old latrine, where every time you stood up the entire village would shout out your name! Victory was had and we felt that no matter who won "March Madness" here in the states, we owned it in that village!

This year I'm back though....I got my picks..I've e-mailed the fam..and I'm ready for the games to begin! Tonight as I sit back and watch my boys play..I'll think back to the sandox and the wonderful "madness" that seemed to be around every corner!

No comments: